- Today's winter workout has been moved to 3:00pm, meeting in Mrs. Mellinger's room. This applies to next Wednesday too. After break we will start M, W, Th at 3:30pm by the cafeteria.
- There will be a meeting for all interested track athletes this Friday, 12/13 in the HS cafeteria at (UPDATED: meeting is at 7:35 am). Tell your friends and plan to be there! You will receive a pass excusing your tardiness to 1st hour.
And now, I am excited to share with you the registration form for next summer's cross country camp! Start planning now to attend camp from July 18-24. It does not interfere with fair, band camp or basketball camp. There are multiple financing options available. I can't wait!
All of the information about camp can be found in this flyer, which also includes a registration slip. You can turn the registration slip and your deposit in to Mrs. Mellinger or to me. You can either print the document or pick up a copy from either one of us too. Please take a moment to make sure that both the parents and athlete(s) in your family read through the flyer.
In the meantime, here are some important dates and details to highlight:
- The "regular rate" for camp is $250 per person. However, there are two other rate options and fundraising will be available too (see the flyer for more info).
- To guarantee a spot on the trip, a $100 deposit is due May 30. Late registration may be available after that but is not guaranteed.
- As an incentive to register early (which will help my planning tremendously), anyone who makes a minimum $50 nonrefundable deposit by January 17, 2014 will be entered to win a FREE pair of running shoes from Gazelle Sports (see the flyer for details)! Please consider this option if at all possible. Maybe a Christmas present for that stellar student of yours? If 7-10 students register early, those are pretty good odds for an awesome prize!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me! Best of luck to all of our students in their winter endeavors, and try to keep logging those maintenance miles every week!