Regardless of WHEN the meet is, there is a chance that the rain in the forecast might leave our already-treacherous course at the middle school too muddy and unsafe to run a championship meet on. If that is the case, we have a backup course ready to go at G-A HIGH SCHOOL, which is flat, grassy, and able to be run on even if the ground is soggy. So between the three possible dates and two possible locations, there are SIX different combinations for how this meet might take place. Hooray for flexibility! The KVA ADs are planning on making a decision tomorrow morning and I will update you immediately.
The following info was discussed at practice today and should be read (or read again) by all athletes/parents:
HIGH SCHOOLERS: When you leave for school Tuesday morning, be prepared for a meet at the MS, a meet at the HS, a practice at the HS or a practice at the MS that afternoon. If the meet is postponed we will still practice.
MIDDLE SCHOOLERS: There is no practice Tuesday, no matter what. If the meet gets rescheduled for Wed or Thurs, there will not be MS practice that day either.
WORKERS (including MS runners): I understand that changing the meet time/location may affect your availability to help us out. Until I hear differently, I am planning on having the race at the middle school on Tuesday, and ask that you do the same. Unless you hear differently, please check in with me once you arrive, or give me a call once you are available to help to see what--if anything--needs to be done at that point.
If the meet time and/or location is changed, I will send out further information on how that might affect our need for workers, and at that time you can let me know if your availability status has changed.
For any MS athletes who were planning on staying after school tomorrow to help, please be prepared to have the meet moved (perhaps getting a ride to the HS to still help), or postponed (having a plan in place for how you are getting home from school).
Thanks for your flexibility!