2) We've received a couple of very nice donations to the XC program. If anyone would like to reconsider going on the UP trip, we could make it much more affordable for you! Talk to me by Tuesday if you're interested.
3) Several parents have asked about signing up to provide food for our meets. Please add your name (and what you'll bring) on this google spreadsheet (no sign-in required). This is also linked under the XC section (as "food signups").
4) We are hoping to have a 24-hour marathon as our one fundraiser this year. It will be at the track, and for 24 hours straight someone will be running. I have to get it approved at a Galesburg City Council meeting on Aug 1, so I'll know that night whether or not the event is happening. Please plan on it happening, as it would be much easier to cancel plans than to add them at the last minute. Athletes would be encouraged to attend the entire 24 hours, and adults would be welcome for any portion. For this event, we will need plenty of volunteers to run miles on the track (all are welcome!), provide food, bring supplies, entertainment, etc. Please start thinking about what you'd be willing to do.
5) Physicals need to be completed by our first real day of practice on Aug 14! Dr. Hunt on Shaffer road offers them two days a week for $25 (walk-in). Please make plans NOW if you haven't yet! We will have a meeting at the MS before practice that day.
6) Once practice starts in August, we will be aiming for 3:30 practice time most days. However, on Aug 21-22, I need to have morning practices to make me available for my brother's wedding.
7) For Labor Day weekend, practices are "optional," but if you are in town it is expected that you attend at least 2/3 practices (Fri, Sat, Mon).