- Athletes: Your efforts were beyond impressive. On the track, many of you ran over 10 miles total. You were reliable to show up for your assigned times. You bought in to the idea of the event and ran with it. Collecting cans ahead of time was a huge hit, and a truly "above and beyond" sort of an effort. I asked each of you to shoot for $25 in donations, but we had several of you raise over $100 for our program!
- Parents: I don't know what to say, other than thank you! I was blown away with the support offered, the amount of food donated, the efforts to help set up and tear down, your willingness to run miles at crazy hours, your financial donations, your enthusiasm for the event. I can't count how many times someone asked me "What can I do to help?" I'm entering my 17th different HS sports season as a coach, and I can honestly say this is the most supportive, involved, active group of parents I've ever had the privilege to work with. It's not even close. Again, this is a group who goes above and beyond. Thank you so much!
- Money: I think a couple of you forgot to give me your pledges/pledge sheets yesterday. Then one or two of you still had some collecting to do, so our total isn't certain. But we raised over $1200! That's pretty good for a small team and a thrown-together-at-the-last-minute event! Our goal was $500, so that puts us in a great position as a program to make some purchases, as well as to go to camp at a more affordable rate next summer!
- If you didn't see it, here's the link to the story on WWMT News 3 this morning. I don't know what looks worse--my glazed over, 3am eyes, or our track. Good thing Phoebe and Whitney redeemed the clip!
- Here are a few pictures, and I'm hoping to see more on the facebook group or the photo page. soon.
Again, thank you to everyone who chipped in. Seeing the efforts made for this event makes me excited to see what the rest of the season has in store.