- KVA MEET: The KVA Championship meet is this Tuesday. You can read our team info here or get a printed copy at practice on Monday. Please note that there is two-way transportation and that only HS athletes will be competing. There will be no MS practice on Tuesday.
- PRACTICE CHANGES: There have been three changes to the practice schedule:
-Friday, October 18 there will ONLY be a 3:30pm practice (at the MS).
-Monday, October 21 we will be practicing at Portage (site of regionals) at 4:00pm.
-Tuesday, October 22 we will be practicing at the track. Each athlete needs to bring a rake to practice.
- END OF SEASON: Middle School athletes have one meet remaining (10/19 at Gobles). JV athletes have two meets remaining (10/15 KVA and 10/19 at Gobles). Varsity athletes have three meets remaining (10/15 KVA, 10/19 at Gobles, 10/26 Regionals) unless they qualify for state finals (which are 11/2). ALL athletes of all levels are invited (but not required) to continue running with us at practice until our last runner is done competing for the year.
- PARENTS NEEDED: Are there any parents who would be willing to make an appearance on our upcoming XC promo video? Basically you would be filmed sharing something positive about G-AXC from a parent's perspective. The goal of the video is to get other students to participate next season and I think it would be a nice touch to show the positives of XC participation from a variety of angles. Please contact me if willing, or just show up after practice some day ready to talk and smile.
- SHORTER PRACTICES: As we decrease our workload in practices at the end of the season, we may start seeing some practices get done before 5:00. I would anticipate being done closer to 4:30 on October 14, 16, 18, 23, 24 and 25.
- AFTER THE SEASON: After finishing the season, each athlete will need to turn in uniforms and warm-ups and also schedule a post-season interview with me. More info on interview time slots be handed out soon.
Please read through these and let me know if you have questions:
I am in my 11th year coaching high school sports, and my second coaching cross country.